Vidyavardhini Charitable Trust – Satara (VVCT); established and registered in 1998 under Bombay Public Trusts Act 1950 and Societies Registration Act 1860, in 1998. With an objective of providing quality education to the people of Satara. We are focussed on the development of the rural population by providing world class educational facilities. VVCT also awards scholarships in the memory of late Shrimant Chhatrapati Abhaysinhraje Bhonsle in the fields of Education and Sports to the children of the farmers of this region.
A) Social support for the rural farmers.
1) In the memory of late Shrimant Chhatrapati Abhaysinhraje Bhonsle, VVCT awards scholarships in the fields of Education and Sports.
2) VVCT initiates regular campaigns to spread awareness about the ill effects of Gutka and Alcohol consumption.
3) VVCT also provides care for HIV infected orphan children.
B) Social and Educational upliftment of Women:
1) VVCT is managed by women. We believe that the rural women hold the power to uplift the quality of their life. The trust symbolises rural women working towards the upliftment of rural women.
2) Only Women Colleges. Our effort to provide opportunities and provide world class educational facilities. Facilities for which they had to travel to other cities are now available close to them.
3) Activities like forming various Women Self-help groups
C) Environmental Initiatives.VVCT also holds drives/campaigns/drives to spread awareness about the ill effects of the use of plastic on on out environment.